Cost control and secure management of document output and management is a hot topic in many organisations. The risk of confidential information falling into the wrong hands is always a concern that must be dealt with.
The MPI Tech solutions offer various ways to secure the confidentiality of output; electronic and paper.
MPI Tech offers robust, simple and smart solutions that helps you implement an enterprise-wide output and document security strategy, cost savings and more efficient and user friendly printing.
Secure printing and output management
Many employees handle some type of confidential information on a regular basis such as customer statements, business plans or financial reports. Many of these documents need to be printed. Naturally no one want anyone else to know about budgets, staffing plans and acquisition talks before time.
In order to save money and resources many organisations have introduced large shared office MFPs. This proves a challenge to keeping confidential documents away from prying eyes and has introduced the print and sprint challenge.
The alternative to the daily print and sprint to the printer is secure pull printing with Safe2Print :
- Employees print all documents as usual
- All documents are stored on the server
- The document owner walks up to any printer on the network, logs in with his/her personal card and code and selects which documents to print.
The result is that no confidential information reaches the printer output tray before the document owner is present to collect it. And in most cases it will also reduce the total amount of printed paper significantly.
Secure mainframe output
Organisations with a mixed environment of Mainframe and office application face a challenge when they want to implement secure pull printing throughout the organisation and include mainframe printing in that solution to avoid uncollected print from lying out in the open.
Among the MPI Tech solutions is an integration that enable secure mainframe printing in three steps:
- Convert Mainframe application output to PCL or PostScript
- Collect the user information and document name required by the secure print solution
- Store document and document information on the secure print server, until the document owner logs in at a printer and prints the document.